Long Island COD is proud to offer these quality products and services:
Long Island COD deeply cares about protecting the environment for future generations - and that is why we are extremely pleased to introduce clean and green Bioheat® fuel to all our customers. There are so many benefits to using this eco-friendly fuel:
You’re a Net-Zero Hero™ With Long Island COD
Our company delivers B20 Bioheat® Fuel, which reduces carbon emissions by 15 percent. We’re already ahead of the home heating industry’s timeline to reduce emissions which plans for all heating oil to be B20 by 2023. We expect to be able to lead the way to B40 before 2040, and are working with industry leaders and our providers to have a 100 percent renewable, net-zero emissions fuel for your home by 2050.
When You Use Our Bioheat® Fuel, You Qualify for the Maximum Allowable NY State Tax Credit
As you might already know, New York State offers a tax credit for customers who use biofuels to heat their homes. The tax credit equals one cent per percentage of biofuel that’s blended with heating oil – starting at 6 cents per gallon and capping out at 20 cents per gallon.
Our customers can potentially receive $200 in tax credits for every 1,000 gallons of Bioheat fuel they purchase from us!
This New York State tax credit will be available through 2020. To properly computer the amount of credit allowed, you should have an invoice or bill that includes the following information:
- Date of purchase
- Number of gallons of Bioheat fuel purchased
- Percentage of biodiesel (20% for Long Island COD customers!)
We will be happy to provide you with a statement of your usage for the year. Simply complete our contact form and we will mail this information to you. To receive a tax credit, you should file a Claim for the Clean Heating Fuel Credit along with your tax return.
- Bioheat® fuel is domestically produced using biodiesel made from American grown resources like soybeans - which helps support our nation's farmers and reduces our dependence on foreign energy sources.
- Bioheat® fuel has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning and satisfying warmth.
- Biodegradable, renewable and non-toxic, Bioheat® fuel burns cleaner than "regular" Oilheat (which is already amazingly clean!). It contains almost no sulfur, and significantly reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to global warming.
- Bioheat® fuel lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce the number of service calls needed annually.
- Bioheat® fuel costs about the same as "regular" Oilheat - and you get a tax credit (see below).
- Bioheat® fuel requires no burner, boiler/furnace or tank modification.
- Bioheat® fuel is delivered to you in the same manner as "regular" Oilheat.
To order Bioheat® fuel from Long Island COD, click here.
Here at Long Island COD, we don’t just deliver heating oil – we protect it! Worry-free home comfort is well within reach thanks to UltraGuard, a heating oil treatment that reduces fuel-related service calls and helps maintain your satisfaction.
How does it work? UltraGuard is blended with our fuel in order to boost its stability and clean your equipment as it draws heating oil into the system.
How does it help? UltraGuard functions in a few ways that lead to longer lasting home heating equipment and a more reliable fuel:
- Provides stability to the fuel
As untreated heating oil ages and sits in the storage tank, its effectiveness can degrade and cause issues with the combustion process. UltraGuard protects heating oil from degrading and boosts its combustibility.
- Disperses sediment buildup
Sediment buildup can lead to costly repairs, as the particulates can find their way into the heating system and cause damage to the components of the equipment. UltraGuard protect heating equipment from breaking down.
- Inhibits corrosion
Fuel storage tanks are incredibly durable, and are built to last. However, rusting and corrosion is still a possibility – especially for older storage tanks. UltraGuard protects fuel storage tanks from fuel releases.
- Cleans and lubricates
Any surfaces that comes into contact with the treated fuel, including filters, fuel lines and nozzles, are kept clean and lubricated, allowing the heating equipment to perform optimally as long as the fuel is treated. UltraGuard protects the efficiency of home heating systems.
The Long Island COD team is constantly on the lookout for products that will improve our customers’ comfort, and we have found a good one with UltraGuard! It increases fuel efficiency, reduces the chances of a heat outage and extends the lifespan of the equipment – all of which helps you save money!
For more information, click here to check out the UltraGuard brochure.
At Long Island COD, we don't just deliver your oil - we provide these value-added services:
- Year-round heating oil deliveries
- 24-hour emergency service
- Complete home heating system maintenance, repair and installations
- Oilheat products and services
- Diesel fuel
- Full central air conditioning capabilities
- Air purification
- Pool heaters
- Radiant floor heating
... and much more
For more information on our products and services, please contact us.